Programs for American Universities
We have been accredited by American Universities since 1985. Students can participate in our italian language and culture courses or in specifically designed courses arranged by request through their home universities. Our courses provide academic credits transferable to the student’s home university. At the end of their study program, students receive final letter grades and an official transcript. We offer organizational support to American University professors to help facilitate and carry out study programs in Rome. Here are some American Colleges and Universities that have chosen Italiaidea for their study abroad programs.
Courses and Activities
- Semester-long italian classes (60-180 hours)
- Short-run and medium-length intensive italian classes (15-60 hours)
- Weekend full immersion (available in Rome and in other cities)
- Orientation to Rome and Italy
- Extracurricular activities (cooking lessons, wine tasting, nights at the opera, theater and cinema, guided walks in various local neighborhoods, visits to the University of Rome and exchanges with Italian university students, specialized, thematic seminars upon request).
Design and implementation of academic programs run by our staff and teachers
Help with italian stay permits and health services
Housing assistance for professors and students
Classroom rental for courses and conferences
Help with travel planning in Italy
Special permission requests for museums, archeological sites, galleries and contemporary artists’ studios
Guided visits, presentations by experts from various disciplines, conferences